A Word A Day Keeps Ignorance at Bay!!! – Laggard
- noun. Someone or something that is extremely slow.
- The word laggard can also be used as an adjective.
- The word originated in 18th century from the word lag.
- straggler, slug, layabout
- bolting, quick
- The laggard caught up with the proceedings an hour late.
- The period saw the decline of the country with the loss of practically the entire empire and a laggard economy.
Did you know this word already or was it a new learning with me? Let me know in the comments section below!!!
Have you come across some other new word today? Share them in the comments so that I can add to my stock as well 😀 😉
Like, share and subscribe to the blog to go on with this journey.. of capturing the literary world one word at a time! 😎😋