A Word A Day Keeps Ignorance at Bay!!! – Cavalcade
- noun. A formal procession (of people on horse-backs or even walking or in vehicles)
- noun. A dramatic sequence (of things or events)
- This word originated in the 16th century: (denoting a ride or raid on horseback): from French, from Italian word cavalcata, or from cavalcare meaning ‘to ride’, based on Latin caballus for ‘horse’.
- Popularity of the word rose during the
- The birth of the princess was announced with a gaudy cavalcade through the streets of the capital.
- The economy was rattled after a cavalcade of disasters hit the country.
Did you know this word already or was it a new learning with me? Let me know in the comments section below!!!
Have you come across some other new word today? Share them in the comments so that I can add to my stock as well 😀 😉
Like, share and subscribe to the blog to go on with this journey.. of capturing the literary world one word at a time! 😎😋