A Word A Day Keeps Ignorance at Bay!!! – Palisade
- noun. a strong fence, usually made out of wood or iron poles. It is often used for defense or protection purposes.
- noun. Line of tall cliffs by the river side.
- verb. To protect or defend by building a palisade
- The word Palisade comes from French, which in turn comes from the Latin noun palus, meaning “stake.”
- fence, enclosure, barricade
- As the word of war spread, the city was fortified from all sides and palisades were built to provide the first line of defence.
- The children were allowed to play within the palisade of the house.
Did you know this word already or was it a new learning with me? Let me know in the comments section below!!!
Have you come across some other new word today? Share them in the comments so that I can add to my stock as well 😀 😉
Like, share and subscribe to the blog to go on with this journey.. of capturing the literary world one word at a time! 😎😋