A Word A Day Keeps Ignorance at Bay!!! – forage
- verb. To search for food or provisions. Applicable to both human and animal.
- noun. Interestingly enough, the term forage is also used for the food or provision!
- noun. The wide search for food and provisions is also called forage. Applicable to both human and animal.
- Forage is one of the worgs whose usage has been fairly consistent since the 1800s!!
- scavenge, hunt
- fodder, food, pasturage
- quest, probe
- The crewmen were left stranded to forage for themselves.
- Monsoons are an important variable in the growth of forage in India.
Did you know this word already or was it a new learning with me? Let me know in the comments section below!!!
Have you come across some other new word today? Share them in the comments so that I can add to my stock as well 😀 😉
Like, share and subscribe to the blog to go on with this journey.. of capturing the literary world one word at a time! 😎😋