A Word A Day Keeps Ignorance at Bay!!! – Truant
- noun. A pupil who stays away from school without leave or explanation. General usage is to express someone who shirks his/her duty.
- adjective. behaviour as a runaway.
- verb. the act of being a truant
- no-show, hooky
- As verb – come back/ wait
- As noun – The school has come up with new policies to deal with truants.
- As adjective – He is such a truant of a husband, never takes up any responsibility.
- As verb – And here you are! Truanting while everybody is worried sick looking for you!
Did you know this word already or was it a new learning with me? Let me know in the comments section below!!
Have you come across some other new word today? Share them in the comments so that I can add to my stock as well 😀 😉
Like, share and subscribe to the blog to go on with this journey.. of capturing the literary world one word at a time! 😎😋